Reduce Your Energy Bill
Get a free quote and learn how you can save with solar!
Stop throwing money out the window! Learn how you can save 20-50% on your electric bill NOW! It's simple, it saves you money and its free! Please complete the form below and a SAVKAT solar consultant will contact you shortly.
How It Works
- Mounted on the rooftop of your residence in clear view of the sun.
- The sunlight is directly converted into DC power through solar cells.
- Converts DC power produced from the solar modules, into usable AC power.
- AC power is the same type of electricity provided by your local utility.
- Before the AC power reaches your home, it is received by the electrical service panel.
- Electricity is then distributed as needed to your home.
- The Utility Meter measures the amount of electricity provided to your home by your local utility.
- Production by solar energy system offsets the measurement (essentially the meter spins in reverse).
- The Utility Grid is controlled by your electric company and it provides electricity automatically when needed - on demand.
- During the day, excess solar production provides energy offset credit; during the night, power is readily available from the grid for your home.
Submit Your Most Recent Electric Bill
YOU upload your most recent electricity bill. This is necessary to design the system size and type for your power needs.
Receive and Approve Quote
YOU will receive your quote from us. Your quote will include system size, power production, your savings, and payment options. Once approved, your job is done! We will take care of everything moving forward.
Permits and Applications Acquired
WE will apply for all permits as required by your local municipality and your power company.
Solar Panels Installed
WE install your solar panels and schedule final inspections of your solar system.
Inspections and Power Turn On
WE attend all final inspections and the power company gives permission to connect to the power grid.
Congratulations, You are Now Producing Your Own Energy!
Potential Solar Savings
Federal Income Tax Credit-this credit applies to all residential solar installations on primary or secondary homes. To receive this credit, Residential Energy Credits Form 5695 needs to be submitted with taxes. Now is the time to invest in solar, as the credit will decrease as follows:
- 30% of the total cost to go solar, including installation
- Credit drops to 26% for tax year 2020
- Credit drops to 22% for tax year 2021
- Credit expires as of 12/31/2021
State incentives vary by town, though these can also add a significant savings on the cost to go solar. A SAVKAT representative will confirm which incentives apply to your project.
Facts & Statistics
- Solar generation offsets more than 73 million metric tons of CO2 emissions each year, equivalent to taking 15.6 million vehicles off the road and planting nearly 1.2 billion trees.
- There are now more than 1.9 million solar installations in the U.S.
- In 2018, a new solar project was installed in the U.S. every 100 seconds.
- Over 64 GW of total solar capacity now installed with an average annual growth rate of 50% over the last 10 years. That generates enough electricity to power more than 12.3 million homes.
* Statistical data provided by SEIA (Solar Energy Industries Association)
Direct Purchase Financing
- 30% federal investment tax credit (through 12/31/2019)
- You own the asset/investment
- Home value increases without property taxes increasing
- Financing options available; competitive rates & terms